Friday 21 June 2013

FREE FRIDAY MUSIC REVUE: SINCE YOU WAKE UP WITH A SONG ON YOUR HEART…

There is a song on your heart every morning: www.musiccoaches.com
Many years ago, Wale Adenuga, a music minister in my church at the time drew our attention to the fact that many times, we wake up with a song on our minds. Prior to the time, I was hardly aware of the fact but once I became conscious of it, I actually began to play a game of ‘ what’s today’s wake up song’. Over time, I have found that the daily wake-up songs of our hearts tell a lot about our spiritual state and the type of content we have been feeding our minds. So I definitely pay attention to the songs I listen to-better Don Moen than Don Jazzy, better BeBe Winans than Beyonce
I have found that music matters-a lot. Sometimes, you have no words to convey your thoughts in the place of prayer or worship but a song just might help. Countless times, songs have actually helped me navigate certain seasons of life such that those songs later automatically trigger memories associated with that season of life.
I really cannot capture with words the impact this particular song (I will Rise by Chris Tomlin) has made in my life. I continue to replay the very first time I understood the lyrics and it was extremely comforting. You know- like an assurance that definitely and certainly, Jesus will return and regardless of which comes first (between death and rapture), I will rise in glory.
I can do a line by line review and every single line will make sense- like where my faith will be my eyes. The song leans heavily on scripture and almost every line calls to mind one Bible verse or the other.
This is what I call Gospel music-or Christian music if you like. God bless Chris Tomlin.
PS: I hope I can keep it up every Friday, but look out on this site for good Christian Music lyrics here. But in addition to the lyrics, try to learn the songs-they were meant to be sung you know.
Blessings,
Miss August.

I WILL RISE – CHRIS TOMLIN
There is a peace I’ve come to know
Though my heart and flesh may fail
There is an anchor for my soul;
 I can say- it is well
Jesus has overcome,
And the grave is overwhelmed;
Victory is won; He is risen from the dead

Chorus:
And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow; No more pain
I will rise on eagles’ wings, 
Before my God, fall on my knees
And rise; I will rise

There’s a day that’s drawing near
When this darkness breaks to light
And the shadows disappear
And my faith shall be my eyes
Jesus has overcome,
And the grave is overwhelmed;
Victory is won; He is risen from the dead
Chorus:
And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles’ wings, 
Before my God, fall on my knees
And rise; I will rise

I hear the voice of many angels sing
Worthy is the lamb
And I hear the cry of every longing heart
Worthy is the lamb
I hear the voice of many angels sing
Worthy is the lamb
And I hear the cry of every longing heart
Worthy is the lamb
Worthy is the lamb.

No comments:

Post a Comment