Friday 19 July 2013

Timeless: Babbie Mason was Right!



So I went for Philip’s wake-keeping service yesterday. Somehow, I was able to will myself not to cry even though my eyes watered, got really glassy and the tears almost dropped. I was able to get through it. I was relieved to know he was a committed believer. Here is why.
God's love is timeless. Picture from musicfortheworld.org
In all, I wasn’t the most cheerful person alive but that is alright. What do I expect his family to do? I can only put his wife and children in prayers-from time to time. You know, I used to think Philip was cool, but yesterday proved me wrong- he was super duper cool…by the grace and mercy of God, no purgatory for this one! Am I relieved or what!
I was talking with a friend, Doyin after the service about the questions that this incident has raised in my heart as regards life after death and such. Apparently we were in similar shoes but she was able to encourage me. She referred me to Apostle Paul who was ‘everly’ sure that when he opens his eyes in death, he would be gazing into the eyes of Jesus. You see why I make a case for Christian community. Together, we are better Christians.
Speaking of community, at the Children teachers’ meeting last week Saturday, one of the teachers expounded on her previous class lesson based on John 8. The teenagers were fixated on why it was repeatedly stated that the time of Jesus was not yet come. This led to deep discussion on how God holds our time in His hands. This concept on its own is very deep and can take a really long time to explain. But interestingly, the thought was very comforting for me. God holds MY time in His ends. He holds yours too and because of this, the cards are stacked in our favour. It cannot possibly ever ever ever go wrong for us. Why, because God hold our time in His hands.
While the teacher dwelt on this subject, one of my all time favourite songs popped to my mind. It is called timeless. I hope you know it. It used to be my morning alarm tune and I enjoyed waking up early. Yea, the song is that good- especially if you like Jazz.
Find the lyrics below but I before sign, I would like to share one of my all-time favourite Bible verses. It is found in Psalms 16:10: For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
I always like to remember this verse. I confess it into the future knowing that the grace of God will keep us to the very end- after all, even in death, His love for us is timeless.


Timeless- Babbie Mason

Before time became eternity, I was on your mind;
Now I build my world around you, since I finally found you, 
I find Your love is timeless-like the willow tree that grows
Eternal as the wind that blows
You are everything I ever dreamed and more
From age to age you are the same,
And your love will never change
Your love is timeless, like a kiss on morning dew
Your love is timeless like stars against the mid-night blue
Every moment, every minute of the day,
You show your love in a million timeless ways,

Chorus: Incomprehensible, I cannot tell it all
Oh to describe your love would be impossible
You are so beautiful to me, its in dispute of what you see
And long before I even was, you were thinking of me

Your love is timeless (2x)
(Instumentals)
Incomprehensible, I cannot tell it all
Oh to describe your love would be impossible
You are so beautiful to me, its in dispute of what you see
And long before I even was, you were thinking of me

Your love is timeless like the gentle summer breeze,
Your love is timeless like the waves are on the sea
You’re the singer whose music calms my fears
I’ll find no other love like this for your love is times (2x)


Ps: I should ‘humbly’ mention that I know the lyrics by heart and tha’s the source. Check it out anywhere. Seriously, that’s how much I love this song. I should make it my ringtone again.

That said; let us not loose the point of this post- that even in seasons of loss, confusion, doubts, and disappointments, the depth and authencity of God’s timeless love is able to keep us in the faith-Isaiah 54:10
Psalms 16:10: For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Have a great weekend. I definitely will as I am due to lead praise and worship on Sunday- for 3-5 year olds :-)

I leave you in God's care,
Miss August. 

No comments:

Post a Comment